How Much You're Entitled To:
This is only an estimate of your common law reasonable notice period (i.e. the number of months compensation you might be entitled to).
This estimator does not apply if you are a unionized employee.
Keep in mind that other factors can limit, increase, or decrease how much you are entitled to.
Factors that can INCREASE the length of your notice period include:
- if you are a specialist
- if you were induced to leave secure employment
- the manner of your dismissal
- bad economic climate
- limited formal education and skills
- poor health
- importance of your role to your Employer's operations
- lack of fluency in English
- length of service in same field
- and many others!